Brody’s role and responsibility
Types of personal data processed by Brody
In addition, we may process data relating to your interests, as provided by you during the registration process or otherwise. Such data includes, but is not limited to, your surname, first name, your postal and email address, telephone number, and – in the given case – your company and position. We also gather and process data collected through your use of our Website (browsing). Such data may include the date and time of your visit (timestamp), browser type, IP address, and visited pages. The Brody can collect data of a non-personal nature, such as browser type or IP address, the operating system you use, or the domain name of the Website by which you came to the respective Website or by which you left it. Brody will only use these details to gain further insights into the use that its customers make of the respective Website (s) to enhance the functionalities and user experience.
Purposes of the processing of personal data by Brody
There are several purposes for the processing of this personal data by Brody:
- Brody enters into agreements with natural or legal persons, who must be identifiable by the applicable legal provisions in this regard;
- In the case given, to authenticate you as a customer/user of the Website of Brody;
- If you submit your email address, Brody will use this information to send you the information that is primarily necessary for the performance of its contract(s) with you: sending invoices, statements, etc.
Certain data that can qualify as personal data, such as customer number, invoice number, etc., can be generated by Brody itself. However, these details are only processed by Brody in connection with executing your agreement(s) with Brody.
Passing on personal details to third parties
Brody may provide your information to other companies that
are part of Brody, such as independent brokers who intervene in the name of and on behalf of Brody. Such transfer and making available is, however, limited to processing that is strictly necessary for the context of the provision of Brody’s services, including administrative management, the provision of information to and by customer service, etc. Other than such processors, your personal data will only be disclosed to authorized persons within Brody.
Furthermore, although Brody provides Brody’s services, we rely on various third-party service providers in various countries to provide, maintain, and improve the services provided by or on behalf of Brody. We may provide your personal information to third parties in response to a request for information when we determine that the disclosure is consistent with applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by applicable laws, rules, regulations, or contractual provisions, or when we believe that your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us or others.
When the relevant service provider requires it or to support technical, administrative, and/or financial processing, we may transfer and process your data to one or more third parties. Brody has entered into a separate agreement with these companies, in which the processing of personal data is explicitly regulated, and the possible exercise of rights of those involved is included.
In addition, in accordance with the relevant legal provisions, your details may be transferred to government agencies.
No passing on of personal data to third parties for promotional purposes
Unless Brody has obtained your express and prior consent, we do not transfer your personal data to third parties for promotional purposes.
Technological Security Measures
We will take reasonable steps to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, as stated in our Terms and Conditions, you expressly acknowledge and agree that – in general – the transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential. Accordingly, any information transmitted or received from the Website or by using any of the services provided by Brody may be intercepted, decrypted, accessed, and/or used by government agencies and/or third parties, administered even if technology is used that encrypts such information exchanges.
Code of Conduct for Brody Employees
Select Brody employees have access to your personal data listed above, in which a strict code of conduct binds them. This code of conduct includes:
- A commitment to confidentiality of personal data to which they have access in the context of their assignment;
- A commitment to process personal data solely in the performance of their duties;
- Respecting the relevant legal provisions.
Rights to rectification, objection, erasure, and restriction of processing
Brody enables you to exercise your right to rectification, objection, data erasure, and/or restriction of processing of personal data for various services it offers. As a registered user of the services provided by Brody, you may amend, update or modify your personal information provided to us in connection with your account and User profile, if and when appropriate.
In the absence of an agreement to the contrary, all personal information collected through the Website or the services provided by Brody will be automatically discarded after a period of ten years following the termination of the agreement between you and Brody. However, your data will be retained for the period required by law. Exercising these rights can be done as follows:
in writing: by sending a registered letter to [Brody, Britselei 19, 2000 Antwerp], indicating which rights you wish to exercise and including a copy of your identity card (front and back);
Electronically: by sending a registered letter to [firstname.lastname@example.org], specifying the rights you wish to exercise and including a scan of your identity card (front and back).
To exercise one or more of the above rights, please keep in mind:
- For one, Brody’s service does not necessarily have an effect on your details used in the context of the provision of another service from and/or by Brody. Should you also wish to make this change or correction for one or more other Brody services, you will need to repeat this request one or more times;
- in certain cases may be refused or limited in whole or in part, which refusal will be justified by Brody its answer, in the given case with reference to the Frequently Asked Questions (legal retention periods, processing that is essential in the context of the execution of the agreement, …);
- May, in certain cases, result in the suspension or termination, in whole or in part, of the contractual relationship as regards the provision of such service.